|Terms & Conditions
|Florida Charms Vacation Rentals
|Thanks for your business and we hope you enjoy your stay in our property!
Renter requirements: for legal and accounting purposes, the person placing the reservation must be the same as the credit/debit card holder. This person is considered to be the guest. All other persons involved with the rental are considered to be the guest's invitees, and all discussion regarding reservation, cancellation, and damage policies will be discussed with the guest, not the guest's invitees.
1. Check-In / Check-Out Times. Check-in begins after 4:00 PM (CST). Parking in the home’s driveways and/or unloading of
personal items prior to 4 P.M. is not permitted. Our teams will need unrestricted access to the home preparing for your arrival
until 4 P.M. Check- out time is 10:00 AM (CST). No early check-in or late check-outs will be permitted. Attempted early checkin
prior to 4 P.M. or guests not checked out promptly at 10 A.M will be billed a full day’s rent charge. Refunds are not given for
late arrivals or early departures.
2. No Smoking. Smoking is not permitted in any Florida Charms Vacation Rentals (FCVR) property. Guests who violate this
policy will be charged an additional $1000, plus the expense of any necessary
cleaning. Violations may also result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent.
3. No Pets. Only dogs are permitted in pet-friendly rental homes. A maximum of 2 dogs are allowed. Manager approval and a
$100 nonrefundable pet fee will be assessed. Guests who violate this policy will be immediately evicted with forfeiture of all
payments received, an additional $2000 fee billed, plus the expense of any necessary cleaning. Notwithstanding this provision,
FCVR is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to protect the rights of guests with disabilities to bring service
animals under the terms of The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If a guest needs a service animal to ease the symptoms of a disability (as defined
under the above Acts), he or she should request a reasonable accommodation, in writing, from FCVR at the time of their
reservation or as soon thereafter as feasible. The request should state that the guest has a disability and explain how the
requested accommodation will be helpful. In addition, the guest should include a note from his or her service provider, such as
a doctor or therapist, verifying the need for the service animal. Guests need not disclose the details of their disability, nor
provide a detailed medical history.
4. Age Requirements. All of FCVRs’ vacation accommodations are family rentals absent exceptions being explicitly granted by
Manager. No units will be rented to vacationing students or young adults under the age of 25 unaccompanied by a responsible
parent or guardian at a ratio of four (4) young adults to one (1) adult over the age of 25. A parent or guardian must be staying
in the unit at all times. Guests who violate this policy are subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rental payments. In
accordance with Florida State Chapter, reservations made under false pretense are null and void and check-in will not be
allowed, or guests will be asked to vacate the accommodations. This policy includes reservations made by parents or
guardians who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay.
5. Minimum stay requirements. Most of our properties require a minimum stay of three (3) nights. Longer stays may be
required during peak seasons and holidays. One-week minimum stays apply at some properties during peak and holiday
periods, with Saturday arrival and Saturday departure.
6. Maximum Occupancy. The maximum number of sleeping guests per accommodation is based on the individual
accommodation’s ability to comfortably and safely house our guests. If the maximum occupancy is exceeded, you may be asked
to vacate the property and forfeit any rental payments. Parties, weddings or gatherings that violate this provision and are
not pre-approved in writing by FCVR may result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of remaining pre-paid rents. Any more
than one and a half times the permitted overnight occupancy on the property at any time must be approved by the Manager
with an event fee and permit.
7. Damage Policy. Guests are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. Guests must lock
windows and doors securely when not on the premises. Rearranging the furniture or removing any items from the unit is
prohibited. Guests are responsible for damaged linens and towels, to include towels used to wipe tanning lotion. Guests will be automatically charged $100 towel fee for damaged linens and towels. After Check-Out, the Manager will inspect the unit for damage, missing items, and abnormally dirty appearance.
During that inspection, if the Manager determines that damage is present, items are missing, or the unit is abnormally dirty,
the Manager will repair the damage, replace the missing items, and/or perform a deep clean of the unit at renter’s expense.
Renter authorizes Manager to charge the credit card on file to reimburse the Manager for any such expenses.
8. Peace of Mind Protection Plan–Accidental Damage Waiver. Included within your rental fee is covered under our Peace
of Mind Protection Plan. This waiver or 'peace of mind' coverage provides you and your guests with coverage for accidental
damage that may take place at the property during your stay. The waiver or coverage only applies to accidental damages that
are reported prior to checkout. Damages or losses excluded from or otherwise not covered by the waiver clause will be
charged to the guest. The full terms of the Accidental Damage Waiver plan are attached and fully incorporated herein as an
express term of this Agreement.
9. Booking Fee. A booking fee is added to each reservation for the processing of your reservation and is non-refundable upon
10. Advance Payment. An advance payment equal to 50% of the total booking charges is due at the time of reservation, along
with full payment for CSA Travel Protection unless declined. This deposit will be applied towards the total booking charges
due. This is not a damage deposit. We accept electronic checks and credit cards (Master Card or Visa).
11. Final Payment. The balance of the total booking charges is due sixty (60) days prior to the Check-In date. For stays 14
days or longer, the balance of the rental fee is due one hundred and twenty (120) days prior to the Check-In date.
12. Cancellations. Reservations may be canceled or shortened by notifying the Manager in writing at least sixty (60) prior to
your Check-In date. In such instances, the full amount of your Reservation Deposit will be refunded, less a $300 cancellation
fee plus the non-refundable booking fee. In the event of cancellations or shortened stays made after the Cancellation
Period, you will be responsible for the full amount of the total booking charges. Any refunds for cancellations or shortened
stays made after the Cancellation Period has expired must be obtained from CSA Travel Protection and are subject to their
policies, condition, and restrictions. If you choose to decline CSA Travel Protection, no refunds will be provided for
cancellations or shortened stays made after the Cancellation Period, and you will be responsible for the full amount of
the total booking charges. Power/ weather related cancellation: Florida Charms Vacation Rentals does not issue refunds due to acts of nature such as:
weather, road conditions, snow conditions, power outages or forest fires.
13. Extended Reservation Cancellation. Reservations for 14 days or more may be canceled or shortened by notifying the
Manager in writing at least ninety (90) days or one-hundred and twenty (120) days prior to your Check-In date, depending on
the policy for the particular home booked. The full amount of your Reservation Deposit will be refunded, less a $300
cancellation fee plus the non-refundable booking fee.
14. Hurricanes and Pandemics. Guests covered by CSA Travel Protection may be entitled to a refund or partial refund in the
event that National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials issue a “Mandatory Evacuation” order for the location of
your rental property, provided that you have purchased coverage before the storm was named. Any such refunds shall be
subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions of the CSA Travel Protection policy. Details about the coverage can be
obtained by reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/330CERT or by calling
CSA at 866-999-4018. Refunds for cancellations or shortened stays due to actual or anticipated hurricanes, tropical
storms or other inclement weather will not be issued by Manager under any circumstances. In the event the
government shut down our area of business during pandemic, reservation deposit will be refunded, less the non-refundable
15. Travel Protection Insurance. Travel insurance is available through CSA Travel Protection. In case of certain unforeseen
events, this insurance may help protect your vacation investment. Depending upon the source of your booking, it may or may
not be automatically added as a separate item on your guest charge folio. If your guest charges on your contract include a
separate line item for travel insurance, you are purchasing the insurance and are covered. If your charges do not include a
separate line item for travel insurance, you are not purchasing the travel insurance, and you are not covered. The plan is
optional, and it can be added or declined if you so choose. Details about the coverage and questions concerning CSA Travel
Protection can be obtained by reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website
www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/330CERT or by calling CSA at 866-999-4018. Guests who choose not to purchase CSA
Travel Protection will not be provided with any refunds.
16. Accommodation Selections. Manager appreciates that its luxury accommodations offer different appointments, designs,
and layouts, and that reservation holders want the peace of mind that they will stay in the specific units they selected.
Accordingly, we will reserve for you the specific unit selected at the time of your reservation upon the receipt of your deposit
and signed Agreement. Subject to availability for maintenance, owner usage, or other issues that may render the
accommodations unsuitable for rental, and/or subject to the property remaining as a FCVR accommodation at the time of the
stay, guests will be placed in the specific unit set forth in their Agreement, or otherwise provided with a full refund or an
opportunity to stay in an equivalently priced accommodation if available. Notwithstanding FCVRs’ efforts, if the specific unit
reserved is unavailable for any reason, guests will be limited to a full refund or similar accommodation at their election. In no
event will FCVR be responsible for any direct or indirect costs, expenses, fees or other consequential damages resulting from
the unavailability of a specific accommodation.
17. Housekeeping. A housekeeping fee will be added to all reservations, regardless of the number of nights booked. The fee
varies depending on the size of the property and is applied to cleaning, laundry, and start-up amenity costs. Guest vacation
accommodations will be cleaned to our quality standards prior to arrival and after departure. You will be responsible for the
cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. We respectfully request that you
remember that you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation; please treat it with the care you would your own. If
units are found abnormally dirty at check-out, additional charges will be charged to your credit card to assist in performing a
deep clean of the unit. Additional cleanings can be arranged during your stay for an additional fee if you prefer.
BBQ Grill. Renters are responsible for propane refill. BBQ grill shall be cleaned prior to check to out. An additional $30 fee will
be deducted if grill is left uncleaned.
Trash Schedule. Walton County (Every Mon & Thursday) Okaloosa County (Every Tuesday & Friday)
18. Beach & Pool Towels. Please bring beach and/or pool towels as we do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from
the unit except for laundering.
19. Pool Heating. Some rental properties are equipped with pool heaters and may be heated for an additional charge between
October 1 - May 1. This service must be requested through our FCVR Ambassador department. Pools must be heated for the
entire duration of stay and fees vary by property.
20. Maintenance. During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to the Manager. No refund or rate adjustment
will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, plumbing,
television or cable service, appliances, etc.
21. Nearby Construction. There may be construction ongoing at properties adjacent to or close by the property being rented
by guests. The rules regarding acceptable noise levels, start and finishing times, and other restrictions relating to any such
construction are governed by local ordinances and/or community-specific rules and regulations beyond the control of the
Manager. As such, the guest shall not be entitled to a refund relating to such construction. Notwithstanding this, the Manager
will use its best efforts to ensure that the appropriate parties are notified and appropriate remedial action taken in the event
that it receives notice that the construction at issue may be in violation of any such regulations or ordinances.
22. Security of Personal Property. The Manager is not responsible for any acts of theft or vandalism, or other damages to
any personal property or for personal items left by guest in the accommodation at departure.
23. No Subletting. The rental property may not be sublet. Your reservation is not transferable to any other party.
24. Good Neighbor Policy. Please remember you are staying in someone's home during your vacation. Please treat it with
care and leave it in good condition at checkout. In addition, please be aware of volume, trash, and parking in consideration of
the local community.
25. Firearms, Weapons, and Ammunition Policy. Because of the risk of firearms being left behind, which poses an
unacceptable risk for employees, vendors, and future guests, FCVR prohibits persons from carrying or otherwise possessing
firearms, ammunition, or weapons at any FCVR managed property, including carrying firearms in an open or concealed
manner. This policy applies to all firearms, including airsoft and bb guns. Guests who fail to abide by this policy will be
immediately evicted and forfeit any remaining pre-paid rents.
26. Pool Alarm Policy. According to Chapter 515.27 of the Residential Swimming Pool Safety Act for the State of Florida:
swimming pool alarms must be present and working at all doors and windows providing direct access from the home to the
pool with a minimum sound pressure of 85 decibels. Tampering with or disconnecting pool alarms can result in seconddegree
misdemeanor charges. If any pool alarm at any door or sliding glass door leading to the pool area is not working, please
contact FCVR immediately. Should a disabled or tampered with pool alarm be found upon Guest departure, a $5,000 fine will
be applied to the Guest folio in addition to any pool alarm replacement part costs and labor.
27. Property Rules and Regulations. Most homes located in residential neighborhoods are controlled by Homeowner’s
Associations. These Associations have rules that must be respected. Violations may warrant a fine that will be the guests
responsibility, and in some cases, failure to comply may result in eviction. These rules apply to both owners and guests.
28. Golf Cart and Bike Liability. By signing the Agreement electronically, guests who rent units that provide Golf Carts
and/or bikes further agree to the express terms, conditions, and waivers set forth in the attached Golf Cart Waiver and
Damage Addendum and Bike Waiver and Damage Addendum.
29. Piracy and Illegal Downloading. The illegal distribution of copyright material including unauthorized peer-to-peer file
sharing on FCVR owned, operated or maintained networks may subject guests to civil and criminal penalties under federal
law. Guests who violate FCVR's policy with respect to copyright infringement and illegal downloading will be subject to
immediate eviction and up to a $1,000 fine.
30. Swimming Pool and Hot Tub Usage - Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Express Assumption of Risk and
1. In consideration for receiving access and/or permission to use any swimming pool, spa or hot tub (“Activity”) at your rental
Property or otherwise made available to you as an amenity in conjunction with your rental by FCVR, LLC and the Owner(s) of
your rental Property (“Owners”), you hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO
INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS for any and all purposes FCVR, LLC, Owners, and their respective officers, servants,
agents, volunteers, or employees (herein collectively referred to as RELEASEES) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES,
RESPONSIBILITIES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by you or
your guests or invitees while participating in such ACTIVITY, whether caused by RELEASEES’ active or passive negligence.
2. You agree that you are fully aware that there are inherent risks involved with ACTIVITY, including
but not limited to possible physical injury (including, but not limited to broken bones, strains,
sprains, bruises, concussions, heart attack, heat exhaustion) and loss of life and you choose to
voluntarily participate in said ACTIVITY with full knowledge that said ACTIVITY may be hazardous
to you, your guests, your invitees, and your property (“You”). YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL OR EMOTIONAL
INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by You as a result of participating in said
ACTIVITY, whether supervised or unsupervised. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless
the RELEASEES for any loss, liability, judgment, settlement, damage or costs, including court costs
and attorney’s fees for both the trial and appellate levels that may occur as a result of or in any way
related to Your participation in said ACTIVITY, whether caused by RELEASEES’ active or passive
negligence or otherwise.
3. You agree to be responsible for the day to day general safety conditions of any swimming pool
and/or hot tub to use at your rental Property. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping the
swimming pool, spa and/or hot tub clean of debris, keeping the swimming pool, spa and/or hot tub
areas clean, neat and organized, keeping all gates and doors locked and the swimming pool, spa
and/or hot tub area secured at all times, and operating the swimming pool, spa and/or hot tub in a
safe, responsible manner.
4. You understand that RELEASEES may not maintain any insurance policy covering any
circumstance arising from your participation in this ACTIVITY or any event related to that
participation. As such, you are aware that you should review Your personal insurance coverage.
5. You hereby certify that you are at least 25 years of age and you are legally competent to enter into
this Agreement, including the Release, Waiver, Assumption, and Indemnity provisions contained
herein. You agree that it is your express intent that this release shall bind the members of your
family and spouse if you are alive, and your heirs, assigns and personal representatives, if you are
deceased, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
31. Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by, construed under, and enforced and interpreted in accordance with
the laws of the State of Florida, excluding its principles of conflicts of laws.
32. Venue, Jurisdiction, and Attorneys’ Fees. The exclusive venue for any civil action related to this Agreement or the course
of dealings between the parties is the County and Circuit Courts sitting in Walton County, Florida. The parties hereby submit to
the personal jurisdiction of all the courts in the previous sentence and agree not to challenge such jurisdiction. In any action,
suit, or proceeding to enforce or interpret the terms of the Agreement or to collect any amount due hereunder, the prevailing
party shall be entitled to reimbursement for all costs and expenses reasonably incurred in enforcing, defending or interpreting
its rights hereunder, including, but not limited to, all attorneys’ fees and the costs expended in determining entitlement to an
amount of such fees.
33. Waiver of Jury Trial. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTIES KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE
THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AS TO ANY CLAIMS A PARTY MAY CLAIM TO HAVE AGAINST THE OTHER WHICH ARISES
OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE COURSE OF DEALINGS BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
34. Force Majeure. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, no party to the Agreement shall be deemed in
default or breach of this Agreement or liable for any loss or damages or for any delay or failure in performance (except for the
payment of money) due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of, and without fault or negligence by such party.
35. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior
understanding, marketing or agreement among them respecting the subject matter hereof. There are no representations,
arrangements, understandings or agreements, oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, except those
fully expressed herein. No waiver of any provision hereof shall be valid or binding on the parties hereto, unless such waiver is
in writing and signed by or on behalf of the parties hereto, and no waiver on one occasion shall be deemed to be a waiver of
the same or any other provision hereof in the future.
36. Indemnification of Manager. Guest will defend, indemnify and hold FCVR, LLC (including its members, officers, and
employees), harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable
attorneys’ fees and costs of suit) incurred by FCVR, LLC as a result of or arising out of the breach of this Agreement by guest,
except to the extent such claims, demands and actions arise from the negligence or willful misconduct of FCVR, LLC. The
indemnified party shall promptly notify the indemnifying party of any such claim and shall, at the request and expense of the
indemnifying party, cooperate in the investigation and defense of such claim.
37. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such illegality, invalidity
or unenforceability shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement.
38. Headings. Section and other headings contained in this Agreement are for reference purposes only and are in no way
intended to define, interpret, describe or limit the scope, extent or intent of this Agreement or any provision hereof.
Authorized Signature: Through your electronic signature above, you agree you have read, understand, and agree to abide by
the terms of this Rental Agreement, which includes the above Reservation Details and the below Policies and Conditions, Peace
of Mind Protection Plan Accidental Damage Waiver Addendum, Golf Cart Liability Waiver, Swimming Pool Liability Waiver,
and Bike Liability Waiver and Damage Addendum (collectively the “Agreement”), and agree to rent the property set forth
above for the period and price specified above. You further understand and consent to the use of the credit card or electronic
check payments you provided in conjunction with this Agreement. You also authorize Florida Charms Vacation Rentals, LLC
(“FCVR” or “Manager”) to charge your credit card or checking account for any damages or fees consistent with this Agreement,
and/or for the deposit, balance due, and any additional charges incurred during your rental period. You understand this
authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 30 days after the rental property is vacated.
I agree not to challenge the validity, enforceability or admissibility of this signature process on the grounds that it is in an
|Florida Charms Vacation Rentals
225 Main St
Destin FL 32541